Thursday, May 24, 2007

Google Adds more Functionality!

Google just added another great upgrade, this time to their email (Gmail.com) program. They now let you attach 20MB files to your email, a great move since before this 10MB was the maximum and not big enough for a lot of movies that I wanted to send by email.

Google recently upgraded it's "Google Analytics" function to include nicer layout, and greater ease of use.

I'm anxious to see what other things are happening at Blogger - as I like Blogger a lot, it just doesn't have all the tweakability taht I'd like to see. I'm sure they're working on some major changes that will bring it in line with Wordpress, but do it in a much more intuitive and easy to learn manner.

I've now switched one of my blogs to Wordpress.org. I host the site at my own domain and web hosting at Godaddy.com. The name of this site is, www. AimforAwesome.com, and it's a personal development site. It's a positive site dedicated to providing new angles on what is out there in the personal development and self-help areas. It will be all unique as I don't copy anyone's blogs and rehash them like so many bloggers do.

If you aren't using Google's Webmaster Tools, Analytics, Reader (for RSS feeds), Mozilla Firefox (download the link on the right (I get $1 if you do so)), or Blogger if you are a beginning blogger then you are missing out on a lot of great stuff. Google is full of functionality now. Yes, they are so big as to be a monopoly almost, but - use them while they're here because there's nobody better right now if you're just starting out and don't know all the other specific tools for your blog and how to implement them.

:)

Vern

No comments: