Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Google Adsense Offers Western Union Payments for Everyone EXCEPT Thailand

Not sure I'm all that jazzed about this, but it is a step in the right direction. Previously bloggers in countries outside the USA had little option but to provide Google with a mailing address to receive a paper check at in the mail for their Google Adsense Payments.

I'm in Thailand. The first 3 secret code notifications Google sent were lost in the mail. The 4th one made it.
Recently our first check made it. Now, is that a guarantee that future checks will make it -? Hell no! I'm awaiting the 2nd check and it's late already. Should I request another check? What a SCREWY system this is...

So, Google realized how daft this was and opened up payments by Western Union for some other countries, though, sadly - this does NOT INCLUDE THAILAND Google Adsense users.

See the link:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too bad for thailand.. I haven't tried western union before but i heard that I the payout is over 2800 USD you won't be able to withdraw.

Anonymous said...

Hello! Very cool blog on Blogger and Google.

quick question: Blogger put the controversial "Objectionable Content" warning on my blog, and the same day, all google search traffic stopped.

Do you have any idea what causes this? is there any work-around? or do i need to abandon all hope and switch to a privately-hosted wordpress blog...

But I'd just like to get my google search traffic back on my Blogger blog! *sigh*

Thanks!
Dave
email: david_720@hotmail.com